Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln

Zweite iPhone Generation. Modell A1241 mit 8 oder 16 GB Kapazität und schwarzer oder weißer Kunststoff-Rückseite. Die Reparatur ist leichter zu bewerkstelligen als beim iPhone 1. Es werden Schraubendreher, Hebelwerkzeuge und Saugnäpfe benötigt.

1145 Fragen Alle anzeigen

phone got wet with salt water

The phone was in an otter box in my bag and was hit by a wave. Took it out of the bag and otter box the phone was still on the screen turned black and the phone got hot. Put the vaccume cleaner suction to the speakers on the bottom for a second or 2. let it sit for 2 weeks. tried to turn on and nothing removed the SIMs card no visual damage. Pluged phone in to the phone charger and a battery came up showing a small red line like it had a dead battery tried charging all night and sill wasnt charged. It showed an icon just below the battery of a lightning bolt and when i unpluged it showed a plug in and a lightning bolt.

Diese Frage beantworten Ich habe das gleiche Problem

Ist dies eine gute Frage?

Bewertung 1
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

5 Antworten

Hilfreichste Antwort

When your phone got into the water the battery contacts shorted out and destroyed the battery. You can get a new battery from iFixit and install it yourself. This will usually correct the problem, but there is a slight chance that the logic board is damaged. I would first get the battery, and if that does not work then you would have to get another logic board for your iPhone.

iPhone 3G Battery Bild

Produkt

iPhone 3G Battery

$14.99

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 2

Kommentare:

will the touch id work in the new logic board(iphone 5s) ??

von

Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

The secret of saving any salt water electronic device, is to immediately, as it comes out of the salt water, submerge and flush it with fresh water over and over. Then remove it from the fresh water and immediately blow out all water with compressed air. Place the unit in a warm oven less than 90 F. Let it bake for several hours being careful not to overheat it. The alternative to this is to use a warm (not hot) hair drier, and a lot of time. Don't become impatient and overheat the unit. When you are completely certain that it is dry, inside and out, replace the battery and start it up.

Update

Speed in getting it into freshwater is the most important aspect. Do not allow any salt water to dry in the unit. Also I forgot to mention remove the battery as soon as possible preferably as it comes out of the fresh water or before.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 2

Kommentare:

+Ron, good approach, but why not just follow this guide Electronics Water Damage . You are still having water under any component that sits slightly aboye the logic board. Biggest concern will be corrosion after.

von

Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

It's most likely the phone is beyond repair by now. Salt water is incredibly corrosive and if enough got in to short circuit the battery, some damage has occured. Salt water damage can SOMETIMES be fixed but rarely after letting it sit and corrode for two weeks. You might as well pull it apart and have a look.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 0
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

I'm with 'beyond repair' above me. That said if your time and efforts are free to you, you have only the cost of parts to worry about. I would recommend a limited approach, as the salt walter tells me 'reliable' may not be in it's future if it works at all. My definition of limited approach- try the battery. If that does not work, STOP. One could go down the rabbit hole on this one, buying part after part, until you were better off just getting a cheap 3GS.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 0
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

This might be kind of late, but try cleaning the phone connector with some rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide and a q-tip. You can cut the middle of the q-tip at an angle to create a pick to get gunk out of the connector and use the peroxide and rubbing alcohol to clean off the leads (metal connectors). I had to flatten the q-tip end (I used pliers) so it would fit inside the connector on the phone. I was amazed with the sharp end how much stuff I got out (make sure the connector/wire goes in all the way). Then when I put peroxide in, it foamed and then I rinsed it out with rubbing alcohol and wiped more dirt off the leads with the soft end of the q-tip. I was able to charge my phone once, but had to repeat the process to get it to charge again.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 0
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

Antwort hinzufügen

Cliff wird auf ewig dankbar sein.
Seitenaufrufe:

Letzten 24 Stunden: 0

Letzten 7 Tage: 0

Letzten 30 Tage: 1

Insgesamt: 44,766