Spill cleaned up, but now there's a keyboard problems
A Sonic Route 44 Diet Limeade was spilled into this poor thing, and initially it wouldn't power on. The owner reported a sizzling noise when he tried powering on after it dried out.
After disassembly, a spray down with contact cleaner, a new battery, new keyboard, and a new battery, everything works except the keyboard backlight and one row of keys. The keyboard backlight is my fault; the catch was stuck during disassembly, so I tugged on it harder instead of hosing it down with contact cleaner.
But the keyboard has me stumped! When cold, the keys work fine, but after running a few minutes, most of the QWERTY row fails. This is why the keyboard was replaced, but the problem was unchanged. No overheating has been found by my limited diagnostics. Before sending this out for motherboard repair, is there anything else to try?
Ist dies eine gute Frage?