Does the Nintendo Switch work without its internal battery?
Hello fellow tech heads
I have had my first switch thru the shop today. The fault on it is that the lad was playing on it, and the charge lead that was in it bent in its port, an error came up ( No idea so dont ask) and then dead. There was also an small electrical burning smell afterwards.
Anyway ive blown it apart and come to the assumption that its possibly the battery. Its only reading 2.7v across +/- and it should be nearer 3.7v.
Ive so far checked the port ( Seems intact), battery levels, and voltage coming thru the port onto the switch itself.
1 question is, does the Switch have electrical protection from breaking cables/charge ports?. If it does then im hoping that the smell was something from the battery and not any of the circuit boards.
2nd question is the main one, has anyone ever tried to power up a switch without its internal battery?
I only have access to this switch and a replacement battery is days away. Could really do with knowing if the switch does work without its battery cos if it does, its knackered.
Ist dies eine gute Frage?