Water Damaged MacBook not Charging?
Im going in for my second Question about my first Mac- a Macbook Pro early 2011. Thanks again to everybody that helped me find my replacement-now I am going back to fix the original water damage.
So here's the story;
I left my Mac on my desk next to my plants that I just watered. I unfortunately over-watered them and the water leaked under the mac while it was on sleep. It got underneath the computer and also got on my frayed charger. I came home after a few days to discover the water and immediately shut it off. Following this I discovered that fortunately my computer was still turning on and running fine but that the battery was no longer charging.
The Battery is getting lower and lower and when plugged in it says the following by the battery icon: "Battery Condition: Normal, Power Source: Adapter, Battery Not Charging". When plugged in I get a faint green light on the adapter.
The Things I have tried:
- Resetting the SMC
- Replacing the Battery
- Replacing the Charger
I was told by an authorized repair service advisor that If I remove the battery and then try plugging in/ operating the Mac with only the adapter then I could also rule out any problems with the MagSafe DC- in Board if it could operate fine. I tried this however, and it would not turn on.
Given what that diagnostic showed me, is it possible that replacing the MagSafe DC- in Board could fix the problem? or from your infinite experience does this sound like a logic board problem? More generally, how can I fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help you guys have to offer!
Ist dies eine gute Frage?