How can I erase this drive?
I am trying to erase the drive on my 2006 MacBook so I can sell the machine for parts, since it's good for parts but has multiple issues and addressing it quickly hits my no repair threshold. I have tried multiple tools with persistent failure. It needs a battery, optical drive (weak motor but can be made to listen by forcing the matter while ejecting okay) and motherboard check (Significant wattage loss as it charges; didn’t see on my 2011 13”), which is why I am going to be selling it as-is.
- Parted Magic (kernel panic)
- DBAN (F10 nonfunctional)
- PC Disk Eraser (Parted magic based) ( Kernel panic)
- HDDErase 4.0 (Not recognized)
- Disk Utility (High Sierra) (Failed to remont the drive)
- Active KILLDISK (Results pending)
Since I have not had much luck and would like to include the drive for a better AS-IS price (without an OS for licensing avoidance problems on a junk machine), what methods are known to work with Macs?
Ist dies eine gute Frage?