Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln

Dokumentation und Anleitungen für die Reparatur des am 22. September 2017 veröffentlichten iPhone 8. Modellnummern A1863, A1905.

874 Fragen Alle anzeigen

iPhone Exposed to high voltage into charging port, HELP

I lost my power adapter for my iPhone, instead of thinking it through I spontaneously spliced the phone charging cable to a regular 2 pronged electrical cord straight into my outlet. As I connected the cable into the charging port it immediately made a loud popping sound, caused damage to the cables. The iPhone also immediately turned off and wouldn’t power back on when I eventually got a new power block. I opened up the phone, tried replacing the screen which wasn’t the issue, I was able to put it onto another iPhone to check. I tried replacing the battery and no luck. There seems to be some black residue on the Taptic Engine and charging port but was easily wiped off.

My question is what kind of damage am I looking at? Are there any failsafes protecting the rest of the phones components?

I tried charging another iPhones battery and switched it with the one that was inside the phone. No luck.

I don’t have any Meters to check for any current also.

Other than what I stated everything else looked fine including the battery.

Thank you

Diese Frage beantworten Ich habe das gleiche Problem

Ist dies eine gute Frage?

Bewertung 3
1 Kommentar

Also the home button does not work and also has black residue underneath that part of the screen.


Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

3 Antworten

Hilfreichste Antwort

Unfortunately, attempting to charge your phone with a hastily made direct connection to a wall outlet most likely did irreparable damage. Virtually every cellphone requires an adapter for charging. These adapters electronically performs several crucial functions; converts 120v ac to 5vdc and restricts amperage to less then 2 amps. In Europe, wall outlets are 220v ac. Every rechargeable battery operates in dc (direct current) mode. Wall outlets in America supply 120 volts of ac (alternating current) and cannot recharge batteries directly but will destroy them and any circuitry between battery and ac wall power. In your case, the high voltage simply overwhelmed the cellphone electronics and destroyed it with incorrect power. The application of wall power simply overwhelmed the cellphone with high power and burned up any tiny electrical connections instantly, vaporizing them and rendering your phone permanently destroyed.

Never attempt short cuts when recharging phones, tablets, laptops and other portable devices using rechargeable batteries without the correct adapter designed to recharge and power them. If away from outlets for a long time like hiking or camping, portable battery packs are available, holding large amounts of power for recharging phones in areas without power. These portable (and rechargeable) battery packs are configured to supply correct power to most phones, tablets and laptops with the correct connectors, preventing incorrect voltages to portable electronics needing power. Adapters are available everywhere at low cost to make it worth having an extra in case one fails.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 2

2 Kommentare:

Thank you, do you suppose the whole phone is destroyed, like irreplaceable? I just thought this would be a good time to learn how to change the logic board or something. Thanks again.


@Dan Bohne Yes, it's likely the 110v ac applied to your phone damaged it beyond reasonable repair options. Use this as a lesson to refrain from any diy shortcuts of attempting to recharge electronics without familiarity of electronics, types of rechargeable batteries and adapters needed to provide correct charging voltages in the shortest time without causing damage.


Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

If you do that, the cost of repair likely exceeds the cost of the phone several times over. Just get a new phone.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 1
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

Dan Bohne I agree with every one of these answers. For kicks and giggles, take your phone apart. Lets evaluate the damage that can be done by the application this vast amount of over-voltage. I am certain this absolutely destroyed at least the lightning connector. Disassemble it iPhone 8 and post some good pictures of the things you find Bilder zu einer vorhandenen Frage hinzufügen

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

Bewertung 0
Einen Kommentar hinzufügen

Antwort hinzufügen

Dan Bohne wird auf ewig dankbar sein.

Letzte 24 Stunden: 0

Letzte 7 Tage: 11

Letzte 30 Tage: 73

Insgesamt: 1,522