Fingerprint reader not working on new screen, how to troubleshoot?
I recently changed the screen of my Pixel 7 Pro, the display and the touch feature both work well; the fingerprint does not.
When I try to setup the Fingerprint Unlock android feature, I immediately get the following error on the Touch and hold the fingerprint sensor screen:
Fingerprint setup timed out
Fingerprint enrollment didn't work. Try again or use a different finger.
Things I tried but didn't fix the issue:
- Ran the official repair app on: https://pixelrepair.withgoogle.com/carri... (after successfully pairing with my phone, the app displays an error stating that the software on my phone is newer than that of the tool and is unable to scan it).
- Factory reset.
- Re-opened the phone and double-checked the screen-to-frame connector.
- Doubled-checked the sensor-to-screen connector (came installed but I disconnected and connected it back).
- Downloaded and installed the Android USB driver for windows on my PC https://developer.android.com/studio/run...
- Successfully ran the Update and Software Repair Tool on https://pixelrepair.withgoogle.com/udfps
None worked, however after doing point 6, the error message takes more time to appear.
Before the new screen I remember my screen would turn very bright white on and around the fingerprint sensor, now it doesn't.
I have the fingerprint sensor from my old screen ready to install on the new screen but before risking damaging the new screen, I thought I asked here:
Is there any other way to troubleshoot the fingerprint reader via software to be sure it's not working?