Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln

Repariere deine Sachen

Recht auf Reparatur



Ursprünglicher Beitrag von: Brian Gouge ,


In a vehicle, you would tend to not need the compactness of one small cigarette lighter adapter that can reliably power the Switch using USB-C Power Delivery at 18 watts.

If you think outside the box a little, you can add a good quality power inverter, such as amazon.com/dp/B00153BH6M or amazon.com/dp/B001539B7O

and then use the AC adapter that came with the Switch, or a good quality AC adapter known to be PD-compatible with the Switch, like amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX063QN

You are also giving yourself the flexibility of an AC plug and not just a USB-C, so you can use it for other things as well. However, please understand that an inverter that plugs into the 12V "Cigarette" port can not pull enough current to power most power tools or anything that heats like a coffee maker, curling iron, hair dryer... And you can plug a power strip into the inverter's outlet to plug in more things at a time, just try to keep it under 175 Watts or you will blow the cigarette lighter fuse in your car.

Efficiency is an argument, certainly, if you're living on solar cells and batteries you would not want to invert 12V up to 120V just to drop it back down again with a USB-C AC adapter :-) ... I'm just trying to help people looking for solving the problem of taking road trips with their Laptop/Nintendo Switch/other electronics. Without going into a lot of technical detail, the GoPower brand ones I linked are very good, but a "Pure Sine Wave" inverter would be best, however the price goes WAY up ($148) and for the Switch a pure sine wave really isn't needed.