"It's Alive: How I fixed my dead 4th Generation iPod"
15 Minuten - 1 Stunde
I suspected a bad battery but wasn't sure if I could do the work. I don't usually have trouble taking things apart, but putting them back together (with all the parts!) seems to be the challenge.
After watching a video, and while using the step by step slideshow, I got out my tools for removing plastic parts on my car (prior to ordering the new battery). They worked, but were big and bulky. The Spudger and the other tools that came with the battery replacement worked much better and were easy to maneuver. I ended up with a piece of brown plastic film/tape that I wasn't sure about, where or what it was attached to originally, so I improvised and attached it to something, so it's in there! Overall, the battery replacement went pretty well. The most challenging issue for me was working with the small parts (e.g., wire straps and connectors). I'm grateful that my iPod holds a charge and works great. And, I didn't break anything else while I worked on it, or end up with any extra parts after it was assembled!
Watch the video/slide show (as many times as you need).
Things usually only fit together one way (don't force it).
Take your time and be sensitive to the sensitive equipment.
Use the tools provided because they are made for the job.
Keep track of all the parts (I used a ziplock bag).
Take pictures as you go, as needed.
And, enjoy the journey!