Battery doesn't charge after Trackpad replacement.
I just replaced the Trackpad on an A1425 and and after assembling it I found out it wouldn't turn on so I connected the power supply. As soon as the MagSafe got connected the indicator light turned green, then amber after a second and the unit booted up without me having to press the power button. On the login screen the battery percentage indicates 1%. Once I logon, the percentage says 0% and "Replace now". I've tried resetting the SMC and NVRAM multiple times and disconnecting the battery connector and taking the Interposer out and putting it back in and connecting the battery connector without any luck.
It is worth noting that the unit got exposed to minor liquid spill, specifically cough syrup. Not aware of the quantity but few of the keyboard buttons are a little sticky but when I started working on the unit, everything worked fine except for the Trackpad, which seemed to occasionally seize to operate. Also there are no visible traces of liquid damage on the logic board itself (considering cough syrup should leave visible trace)
Anything I might be missing here ?
I appreciate your reply. I do realize that liquid damage to circuit boards can result in an unexpected behaviour in functionality but since the computer has been working fine for months after the spill I still find it a bit suspicious that after I disassemble the unit to replace the Trackpad, this problem arises. I'm still curious to swap the new pad for the old one again to see if the battery will start charging again :) ... I remember one time I was dust cleaning a desktop that had the main logic board totally covered with about 1/4 of an inch of dust that I could just take of with my hands in one piece!..... That board never powered back on :P ... like the dust kept the flow of electrons steady lol!
Thanks Dan, to be honest I hadn't checked the contacts but did so after reading your comment. Contacts were clean and I even gently cleaned them with rubbing alcohol just in case :) ... still no luck
Ist dies eine gute Frage?
arnarthor88, water damage can occur far after the actual spill. the metal corrodes slowly and eventually may cause a short.