There could be any number of problems.
The easiest solution would be to download and run Tweaking.com Windows Repair:
This is a safe site. Have been usings it for over 10years.
Run. Select option to “Reboot To Safe Mode” (bottom, centre of window)
When rebooted run the option to “Check File System” (Step 3:). This checks that all System files are there and not corrupted. Then go on to the Main repair menu and uncheck everything but “16-Repair Windows Update”, 25-Restore Important Windows Services” and 26-Set Windows Services to Default Startup”.
There are other ways of doing all this but this simplifies the process.
When Windows Update is not working there are generally other more serious operating system problems, even though everything else may seem to be fine to you.
Before "Repairs" do the following:
- Did you reboot to Safe Mode with Networking?
- Step 1: (Important) Do a Proper Power Rest First. Click on the "Help" box if not sure how to do it.
- Step 2: Pre-Scan
- Step3: Did you run "Check File System" - best done with "Open Check Disk at Next Boot". Did it find an errors?
- After next "Reboot in Safe Mode" try:
- Step 4: "System File Check" (this checks for corrupted or missing system files)
ALL these steps are very important if you are getting your repairs are failing.
There are no short cuts to repairs. As the old saying goes "Leave no stone unturned."
In these kinds of repairs it is very important to work slowly and methodically and read carefully everything on the screen, if you want to fix your problem. Each step in Tweaking.com - Windows Repair has the help button. Read them so you have an idea of what you are doing.
War diese Antwort hilfreich?