Cant boot, how do I make a backup?
Few problems. Some updates was happening, but something went wrong. Now, after typing in my password its trying to load for some time, eventually ending up with a black screen with a white circle and a line (like a forbidden sign). So I cant boot up.
I have tried these steps :
- Tried booting up on a external Mac test disc with catalina. I can see my internal SSD, but theres the normal one called MacHD that seems completely empty? Then theres also another partition/drive called Data, which seems to have some wierd files.
- When i try to use First Aid on MacHD, nothing happens. But when i try and use First Aid on the Data disc, it seems encrypted and asks for a code i dont remember (its not the same code as i use to login with)
- Is my SSD broken?
I’ve tried searching google for a Macbook Air 1466 SSD adapter to sata or USB. I can find one that pops up, but that shows it only works for the 1466 (2012) version, say what?
@danj Last 3 questions :
- Where can I read that my A1466 (2017) SSD is compatible/the same as the 2015 SSD you mentioned earlier?
- If i get the adapter to work, is it even possible to copy over data from an encrypted SSD
- Is it possible to do a clean MacOS installation on a encrypted SSD ?
Ist dies eine gute Frage?