An awesome team of students from our education program made this wiki.
Equipped with an Android Operating System and an 8" screen, this NuVision device was supposed to be simple and easy to use.
The User Manual for the device can be a useful tool for repair.
Device Won’t Turn On
If the device won't turn on, there could be a few things wrong. The current adapter could be bad, the charging port is bad or your charging port is faulty.
- First, you want to check the device’s charging level and capability. So, plug the device into the wall via the adapter and see if it charging.
- If it still isn’t charging, try connecting the device to your computer. If the problem continues, you may need to acquire a new adapter.
- If your device does not charge with a new adapter, you may need to replace your charging port. See the Charging Port Replacement Guide for help.
Device Won’t Stay Charged
When your device won't hold a charge for very long or at all, your device's battery most likely needs to be replaced.
- Please see the Battery Replacement Guide on how to go about doing this.
Frozen or Slow Screen
A frozen or slow screen is sometimes due to too much activity on the device at once or applications battling against each other.
- Check for any indicators at the top of the device for updates, downloads, or any unused applications (if you can).
- You can also see if setting down the device and letting it alone will unfreeze it.
- If neither of these fixes the problem, you will have to try a hard start. Press the Power Button down until the device turns off, wait for 20-30 seconds and turn back on again.
Stuck in a Bootloop
If the device is stuck on the main page or has been clocking for a long time, you may have to conduct a HARD DATA RESET (Hard Start).
- You can find some directions for the Hard Data reset at http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/so...
- If you look under the heading “How to reset a windows tablet?” you’ll find another set of instructions at http://www.nuvision.com/faq-1/.
- Android resets are holding the volume down button and the power button down together.
If the device is not connecting to the internet at all or well the following directions should help:
- Make sure your internet settings are ON and that your settings and passwords are connected to the correct router.
- Also make sure that firewalls are not blocking you from the internet.
*Note from NuVision: your wireless router must support WI-FI 802.11b/g. If your router supports 802.11n make sure it’s configured to accept 802.00b/g.