Spilled Coffee on Keyboard and Laptop Not Powering On
Two days ago I spilled coffee (~2-3 tablespoons worth) on my Macbook Pro on accident. The coffee contained cream but no sugar. The first thing I did was grab some tissues and soak up the excess coffee, power down my computer (it did not immediately short out), and let it sit upside down.
Since this happened, I have tried to power it on but it does not respond when I press the power button. The LED light on the power cord is orange. When I press the button on the side to test the battery, all the LEDs light up to show a full charge. The power button has no response.
Today I removed the back cover and unseated the battery connector. I should have done this 2 days ago, but I'm an idiot. Right now the battery is in the macbook, but it is not connected to the logic board.
What should I do now? I can still smell coffee, so I am optimistic it might still be wet and I can clean it.
I have read about using rubbing alcohol (90%+) to clean up coffee redisue. Can I pour that in the keyboard if my battery is still physically connected to the computer (but unseated from the logic board)? Or do I need to completely remove the battery from the enclosure before I try the rubbing alcohol trick?
Ist dies eine gute Frage?
I had same problem last wk, daughter knocked coffee (no sugar) on dell 1545 laptop, i panicked didnt unplug it straight away, screen went off. unplugged it, tipped upside down to drain, took battery /hdd out, mopped up and left a week. removed k/brd wiped inside. put back together, connected battery & lead, did start up but wouldnt recognise hdd. tried another from my daughters laptop and worked but most keys wouldnt, bought new k/brd £7, hdd £39.99 both fitted today, installed windows, back up and running. cant believe it, I do backup to an external hdd as my business accounts are on there. bought sata docking station £15 and the damaged hdd has shown up the files so will keep it just in case. hope this is of help to someone, dont bin it, cost me £62 which is cheaper than a new laptop. Best of luck
I have a problem with my Apple MAC pro. I spilled some rum on my keyboard and the computer stopped operating. I tried for several days to start the computer but didn't work. 15 days later I started the computer and it did start but it took me to step one, if I want to use English as the language, and second step was to reset my password or use the same one but I could not type as the key board does not repond and now I am stuck here, what should I do
von Roland Hamati
Just buy a keyboard off of ebay or in a store like Walmart, Target, etc. that is used or connected through an USB drive. That should work just fine.