Identification and Background ¶
The Canon EOS 7D was Canon's first high-end camera with an APS-C crop sensor, aimed at the prosumer market.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Dual DIGIC 4 image processors.
- 100% viewfinder frame coverage with 1.0× magnification.
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p and 30p with drop frame timing.
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz).
- 8.0 frames per second continuous shooting.
- ISO sensitivity 100–6400 (expandable to 12,800).
- 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD screen with 640 × 480 (921,600 dots) resolution.
- 19 point auto-focus system, all cross-type
- 63 zone colour sensitive metering system
- Pop-Up Flash
- Built-in Speedlite transmitter (using the pop-up flash)
- Magnesium-alloy body.
- Weather-sealed (with L-series lenses attached)