Background and Identification
The Clarke EZ-8 Floor Sander is a drum floor sander that is sold by Nilfisk, a Denmark-based company that manufactures professional cleaning equipment. Nilfisk produces cleaning equipment for the industrial market as well as commercial and consumer markets. Clarke began in 1916 as a maker of floor sanders as well as vacuums and other cleaning equipment. The Studebaker Company bought the brand in the 1960s, and Nilfisk did the same in 2004 to make Clarke a regional brand of the Nilfisk company.
The Clarke EZ-8 Floor Sander is generally liked by users. It recieved an 8.4 out of 10 rating from sander-review.com for its high-power engine, easy disassembly, and portability. It uses a rotating sand drum and feed rollers that pull the wood through where the sand can smooth it.
- Abrasive Size: 8 in x 19 in sleeve
- Abrasive Rate: 2830 ft/min
- Drum Rate: 1800 RPM
- Dust Control Rate: 76 CFM
- Drum Pressure: 25 lbs
- Leveling Controls: Externally, Adjustable
- Operating Controls: Lever Operated
- Motor: 1½ HPTEFC, Thermally Protected
- Power Cable: 40' 12 Gauge, Abrasive Resistant
- Voltage/Frequency: 115 / 60
- Amperage: 12
- Shipping Dimensions (in): 21½x16x35½"
- Shipping Weight (lbs): 125