Support-FragenEine Frage stellen
Es gibt noch keine Fragen. Stelle du die erste!
Background and Identification
Sigma Delta PPV vaporizers (GMDN code: 36980 (Sevoflurane); 36890 (Isoflurane); 36891 (Halothane)) are designed to deliver concentrations of anesthetic vapor through the air. The first iteration was reportedly made in 1986 and was originally manufactured in Abingdon, England. These vaporizers operate through a direct connection between the flowmeter unit and the common gas outlet of the machine, incorporating the fresh gas supply system of continuous flow anesthetic machines. Fault finding and inspections are highly recommended to ensure that everything is always functioning properly. These tests include:
· Concentration Output
· Wick Assembly
· Temperature Compensator
· Closing Mechanism
· Level Indicator and Filler
· Keyed Filler
· Concentration Control
· Gear Train Setting
· Connector Block PRV
Eventually, an interlock system was added to the vaporizer that allows the user to have up to three Sigma Interlock Vaporizers on the back-bar, so that only one of these vaporizers can be used at a time. The system activates when the control dial is turned on and deactivates when the control dial returns to the zero position.
Currently, Penlon provides three types of PPV vaporizers: Sigma Delta, Sigma Delta MRI, and Sigma EVA (GMDN code: 36979).
· Weight: 4.8kg
· Cagemount dimensions: 133 W x 158 D x 242 H (mm)
· Dräger Dimensions: 100 W x 190 D x 242 H (mm)
· Capacity Volume: 250 mL
· Volume at MIN mark: 35 +- 10 mL
· Flow range: Operating flow range 0.2 to 15 litres/min
· Temperature range: 15° to 35°C (58° to 95°F)
· UK design and manufacture
· Compatible with Selectatec®, Dräger Plug-in® and Dräger Auto-Exclusion®mounting systems
· SAFE-FIL® filling system
· 1%-18% concentration range
· Low agent indicator
· Low power consumption
Sigma Delta MRI
· Approved for use with 1.5 and 3 tesla scanners, up to 1000 gauss
- Penlon Company History: A summary of the Penlon’s development and manufacturing history.
- Sigma Delta Service Manual: Consult the Sigma Delta manual for more technical and service information.
- An Unexpected Penlon Sigma Elite Vaporizer Leak: This case report by Sandra Lewis, Jeff Andrews, and Gary Long highlights some of the issues involved with vaporizers, and how they may happen.