Update: This post is about our Pro Tech Toolkit, which was has since been updated. You can read about the update and expansion here, and purchase the latest Pro Tech here.
Our Pro Tech Base Toolkit has been a hot item ever since we released it last year — repair techs, DIYers, single-parent moms, and even secretive 3-letter agencies have used them to open their devices.
Not content to rest on our laurels, we’ve spent a year asking our teardown specialists, customers, repair shops, and tool geeks worldwide how to make it better. We paid close attention to their advice, and we’re excited to announce our new 54 Bit Driver Kit and Pro Tech Base Toolkit!
So what’s new? First, we’ve substantially improved our 54 Bit Driver Kit. Some highlights include:
- Pentalobe bits to open and repair popular Apple devices such as the iPhone 4, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro.
- T7 through T20 security bits to fit Torx security screws with a pin in the center.
- A full line of metric nut drivers.
- JIS bits to fit the screws found in digital cameras, R/C helicopters, and other high-end electronics.
- A custom 1/4″ to 4 mm adapter to allow our 4 mm precision bits to be used in standard 1/4″ screwdrivers with larger handles, ratcheting handles, or torque drivers.
- A 60 mm extension that doubles as a T-handle, making it easy to get extra torque and remove stubborn screws.
We’ve kept all the great features of our driver kit including the precision machined, magnetized driver and a full complement of flathead, tri-wing, Phillips, Torx, and hex bits.
MJ provides a nice overview of the new 54 Bit Driver Kit here:
While our 54 Bit Driver Kit is the most capable electronics repair screwdriver set on the planet, getting inside many devices requires more than just a screwdriver. That’s where our Pro Tech Base Toolkit comes in. We’ve carefully selected the components to include the most useful tools for releasing tabs, disconnecting connectors, getting into tight spaces, and picking up small parts. To keep everything portable and well-organized, we designed an all-new tool roll to house everything.
- 54 Bit Driver Kit
- Anti-static wrist strap
- 4 plastic opening tools
- 4 precision tweezers
- 4 metal spudgers
- Small suction cup
- iFixit ruler
- Custom-made tool roll
Want to see more? Watch MJ show off the new Pro Tech Base Toolkit:
We’re offering the Pro Tech Base Toolkit at a very affordable $59.95, and we’re also selling the upgraded 54 Bit Driver Kit set for just $24.95. Give the gift of sweet repair success to your loved ones this Christmas.