Walking through a ghost town and admiring the dilapidated houses’ tin roofs.
Crawling through an abandoned complex long gone and deciphering the graffiti pasted on over time.
Driving my Suzuki Samurai along old Native American trails.
Soaking in the concentrated, complex culture of an old city center.
Standing in absolute darkness and silence in ancient lava tubes.
Eating fresh made gelato for the third time while watching the sun set.
These are a few moments of life I have enjoyed.
I was born in Shanghai, China. My family headed for San Francisco when I was five, and that's where I grew up most of my life.
I wanted to be an inventor! So, I pursued electrical engineering (I really should have chosen mechanical engineering, but that's another story!) I got schooled hard at Cal Poly and finally left with a MS in EE with a focus on mechatronics and control systems. Along the way, I also found my life purpose and my best friend.
- Playing, explaining, and promoting modern board games.
- Taking stuff apart (not necessarily to put back together)- because I'm curious!
- Playing violin in ensembles. I am currently involved with Cal Poly's Arab Music Ensemble.
- Going on adventures! Visiting places I haven't been before!
- Trying out new foods of different ethnicities.