Ein tolles Team von Studierenden aus unserem Bildungsprogramm hat dieses Wiki erstellt.
The Battery does not last long off of charge.
The battery life of the computer is short.
The Battery is faulty
If your device only turns on while plugged in, then the battery is faulty. The battery is pretty easy to replace. First, you unlock and remove the back panel. Then you unlock the battery clips, and pull the battery out by the attached tab. For more details follow this guide HP Elitebook 820 G2 Battery Replacement.
The charger cord is faulty
If the Elitebook 820 G2 is not charging, then the charger cord is faulty. Most laptop charger cords have a light on it to show if there is a connection to the power outlet. If the light is not on while the charger cord is plugged into an outlet, then the charger cord is faulty and can be replaced by buying a replacement online.
The computer runs slowly
The computer runs slow while loading folder, files, or programs
Hard drive is near capacity or faulty
If the Elitebook 820 G2 is running slow when you start or when you open folders, then the hard drive might be full. To check to see if the drives are full
- Select File Explorer
- On the left there should be a list of drives
- Select “This PC” from that list
- You should see the list of drives such as (C:), (D:), or (F:) drive.
- Under those there should be a bar showing how full the drive is
- If that number is small or zero then this is a likely cause
- Select the windows button
- Select the setting button (Looks like gear)
- Select Apps
- Select Apps and Features
- Uninstall programs, games, or apps you do not use or do not need.
The RAM is faulty
If the computer is running slow while running programs and the drives are not full, then the RAM needs replacing. The RAM is quite easy to replace using this guide HP Elitebook 820 G2 RAM Replacement.
The WiFi isn’t showing any connections
The WiFi does not connect to a signal.
The WiFi is turned off
If the WiFi is not connected and there is a signal, then the Wifi should be turned on. In order to turn on your WiFi, you should see a an icon in the bottom left corner with a red slash through it or it might have a caution symbol. Select that icon, there should be an option to turn on the WiFi from there. If it is on, then you should be able to select a network to join.
The WiFi card is faulty
If the WiFi is not connected and there is a signal, then the WiFi card needs replacing. The WiFi card is one of the harder parts to replace. You can follow this guide HP Elitebook 820 G2 Network Card Replacement.'
Device not working properly
After pressing the power button, the computer is not responsive or fails to complete a full start giving error messages.
Blue screen error
If you see a blue screen error, restart your laptop. Press F8 before the windows logo appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode from the boot menu. Once in safe mode, try uninstalling any new programs or apps you may have recently installed. If that does not work, press F8 again and select Safe Mode. At the Advanced Boot Options, select Repair your computer. Then at the System Recovery Options window, click Startup Repair. If it does not resolve the issue, then replace the Hard Drive using this guide HP Elitebook 820 G2 Hard Drive Replacement.
Boot device not found
If when you start the laptop and it gives the statement “No Boot Device Found,” then the driver is either not correctly selected or the hard drive has failed. To check to see if the boot drive is not correctly selected:
- Turn off the computer
- After 5 seconds, press the power on button
- Then press the F10 key to enter the BIOS Setup Screen
- Press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default Settings
- Press F10 to save and exit
- When asked to exit save changes?, use arrow keys to select yes
- Follow the prompts to restart the computer
If the computer still gives the same message, then the hard disc driver is faulty and needs replacing. The following guide shows how to replace the Hard drive HP Elitebook 820 G2 Hard Drive Replacement. The Hard Drive is a moderate replacement.
- Unlock back panel
- Slide towards you then lift the panel up
- Using a #0 Philips Screw driver unscrew the 4 screws on the Hard drive
- Pull the tab and lift the hard drive out
- Then put the replacement in and screw it in