- Mix a mild dishwashing detergent with warm water in a small bowl.
- Obtain a clean, soft, cotton cloth and dip it into the soap solution.
- With the cloth, begin at the inner circle of the non label side, making straight swipes towards the outer edge. Do not go in a circular pattern.
- Rinse throughly under warm water.
- Dry both sides, using a dry, cotton cloth, using the same pattern of motion as in step 3.
- Let disc air dry as well for a few minutes before attempting to play the disc.
Make sure both the video and audio cables are securely inserted into their correlating spots.
It is a possibility that the display device, your TV, is broken and should be replaced. Try using a different display device to pinpoint the problem, either with your TV or the Magnavox.
See above directions of cleaning of the disc under Skipping of the DVD/CD
- Make sure the DVD/CD is correctly aligned with in the disc drive.
- Check for a dust or debris the disc tray.
- Using a compressed air duster, spray inside the disc drive ridding of any small debris or dust.
Cleaning of the Optical Lens
For additional troubleshooting problems in this area, see repair Guide ?????
See repair guide ???? for instruction to dissemble the device.
Once device is open:
- Using a compressed air duster, spray gears of the disc drive (see image) throughly.
- Through cleaning of the gears.
- Using a cotton swap and an alcohol based solution gently remove dirty lubricant from the gears.
- Replace lubricant with a plastic friendly lubricant. Avoid using an oil based lubricant as it can wear away the plastic.