Ein tolles Team von Studierenden aus unserem Bildungsprogramm hat dieses Wiki erstellt.
Nostalgia KPM508 Troubleshooting
Use this page to troubleshoot your Nostalgia KPM508.
This guide will help you solve problems associated with the Nostalgia KPM 508
Parts of the machine are clogging
Parts of the machine clog making it difficult for use
Grease build up
Clogging happens from grease build up when the popcorn maker is overdue of a cleaning.
How to clean the popcorn maker (from manual):
- Make sure unit is unplugged before cleaning. Unplug the outer plug to the outlet as
- well as the kettle motor plug inside the unit.
- Use a slightly damp, non-abrasive sponge or a non-abrasive towel to wipe the unit clean inside and outside, then wipe with a non-abrasive dry towel to dry.
- It is important to clean the kettle regularly to control grease build up and prevent smoking during popping sessions. Periodically, remove the kettle by unscrewing the crank handle and removing. (Crank handle attaches to kettle from outside)
- Unplug kettle motor and remove kettle from support brackets, take kettle out of machine.
- Add hot, soapy water to the kettle filling to about 2/3 full. Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes. (This time may vary – use your judgement depending on the amount of cleaning necessary) this is to cut the grease.
- Empty water. If necessary, use the scrubber side of a cleaning sponge to scrub inside of kettle. Rinse inside carefully and dry.
- Wipe outside of kettle with damp cloth and dry. NOTE: Never immerse the kettle unit in any liquid to protect kettle motor plug from getting wet. Wipe clean with damp cloth. Never place any parts in dishwasher, always wash by hand.
Machine won’t stay at a high enough temperature during use
Machine won’t heat the popcorn properly
Uneven heating by overloading kettle
- Add ingredients more evenly in order to avoid overloading.
- For one scoop of popcorn kernels, use 4 spoons of oil against one spoon of oil mentioned. This will keep the kernels moist and hence help them pop more evenly.
- Add couple of kernels, salt, etc and start the machine.
- Once the first couple of kernels pops, stop the machine and add rest of the kernels.
- Start the machine again.
- Repeat steps 1-4 as needed for the desired amount of popcorn
Make sure the plug unit is properly installed inside the popcorn maker in order for the heating to work. Firmly push the plug into the kettle motor to ensure it is secure.
Machine takes too long to make popcorn
Popcorn maker takes longer than expected and does not pop all kernels in kettle.
The measuring cup is being overfilled
Use cup to exact measurements. The cup used for the kernels can hold only about 2.5 ounces worth of kernels to its peak. For best kernel efficiency, place about 2 ounces of kernels so that many kernels do not pop out of the cup uncooked.
Parts breaking/not working after minimal use
Parts of the machine are not functioning properly after a couple uses
Damaging parts while cleaning the parts
When cleaning the popcorn maker:
- NEVER immerse in water.
- NEVER use near water.
- NEVER use an abrasive sponge or cloth.
- NEVER use a scouring pad on the unit.
- DO NOT clean any parts of this unit in dishwasher.
Leaving the unit unattended and plugged in
- NEVER leave unit unattended while in use.
- Unplug unit from outlet when not in use and when cleaning.
Using the machine improperly
- NEVER force kettle in or out of the brackets as this may mis-align gears and will not operate properly.
- DO NOT operate this appliance with a damaged cord or plug or in the event the appliance ever malfunctions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
If pieces of the product are not working properly after minimal use, the distributor pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first 90 days of purchase, they will repair or replace the unit at their option.
Parts coming in already damaged or about to break
Many parts upon purchase or delivery are already on the brinks of breaking or are already broken.
Kettle not properly placed
The kettle won’t pop the corn after minimal usage:
To prevent the steel kettle from performing defectively, the inside must be wiped down before each use and inserted securely into the support brackets. The side of the kettle with inverted threads must be placed facing the right side of the machine with the small hole in the glass.
If the kettle still doesn’t work properly the problem may be with the kettle motor, which is supported by Nostalgia warranty within the first 90 days.
Crank wasn’t included in package:
If the crank wasn’t placed in the initial packaging contact Nostalgia and they will send a new one in a timely manner. Should unit not work or is damaged when first taken out of the box, please return the unit immediately to the place of purchase.
For any other questions about the unit, please contact Nostalgia at the numbers below between the hours of 8:00 a m to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time.
The Helman Group, Ltd. 1621 Beacon Place Oxnard, Ca 93033
Fax: 805-487-9975 info @helmangroup.com