Samsung SPH-A500 Troubleshooting
Phone Won't Turn On
Plug phone into charger making sure that the charger is plugged into an outlet.
If problem still persists it can be do to the following problems.
- Make sure battery is properly connected
- Replace battery
- If power key is broken replace keypad
- Replace keypad using our repair guide: Samsung SPH-A500 Keypad Replacement
Unable To Hear Anyone
Muted Earpiece Volume
- Check the ear piece volume to see if the device has been muted or put to a low volume.
- If volume muted or to low to hear, turn up the volume of the earpiece.
Broken Ear Piece
- If volume is up, you may need to replace the earpiece.
**To replace broken earpiece follow this link: Speaker Repair Guide
Screen Looks Black
- Try plugging your phone into a compatible phone charger.
- Make sure that the charger is plugged into an outlet.
- If screen still remains black, you may need to replace the battery or the screen.
- If screen is cracked (or the phone has sound but no image), you may need to replace the LCD screen.
- To replace broken front LCD screen, follow this link: Front LCD Repair Guide
Keypad Button(s) Missing or Broken
- To replace the keypad, follow this link. Keypad Repair Guide
Person I'm Talking To Cannot Hear Me At All
- Find a better place to make a call or get a new service provider.
- If reception or other external causes are not the issue, your microphone may need to be replaced.