Samsung SPH-A660 Troubleshooting
Cell Phone Won't Turn On
- Make sure that your phone is charged. You may have a drained battery and the phone may simply need to be charged in order to turn on. You may accomplish this by plugging the charger into the cell phone and wait several minutes, then try turning the phone on.
- You may have a broken display; the phone may be working just fine, however the screen may not be displaying the information. If nothing is visible on the screen, or the screen is black, you may need to replace it.
Bad Logic Board
- The problem may lie within the logic board, in which case, the logic board will need to be replaced.
The Keypad/Several Keys Don't Work
- In the case of several or all keys not working, there may be sand or water blocking the connection to the keypad. If this is the case, you may just need to clear the dirt or water out from under the keys. To fix this problem, go to the keypad damage repair guide.
Faulty Logic Board
- The problem of several keys not working may also lie within the logic board. If the connection between the keypad and the logic board is malfuntioning, you may need to replace the logic board.
Turn Up The Volume
- Make sure the phone isn't silenced or the volume is not turned down. To accomplish this, press the increase volume button on the side of the device and raise the volume all the way up. Have someone call you in order to see if this fixes the problem.
- Check to see if the phone now works after raising the volume by calling your voicemail and listening for any signal.
- If the audio still is not working, you may have a faulty speaker. In this case, you will need to replace the speaker.
- If there is a crack running through the screen, you most likely need to replace the LCD Screen.
- If the screen is discolored or the display is faulty, you may need to replace the LCD Screen.
- The problem may also lie within the logic board, in which case the connection may be faulty causing a discolored or broken display. If this is the case, you may need to replace the logic board or the connection between the logic board and LCD Screen.
Cellphone Won't Charge
Bad Charge Connector
- Try moving the connector around gently, until the charging icon is shown.
- Dirt or grit may be blocking the charger port from properly connecting with the charger. You may fix this by cleaning out the charge connector located at the bottom of the phone; blow on it or use an air-can to remove the dirt. If this does not work you may need to disassemble the phone in order to clean it out.
- If the cellphone is properly plugged in, and the phone still does not show the charging icon on the display, then you may need a new charger for your phone.
Recieving Low Signal or No Signal
- If your antenna seems to be broken and you are receiving low signal because of this, then you may need to replace the broken antenna with a new one.
Bad Logic Board
- If you are recieving no signal the problem may lie within the logic board. If this is the case, you may need to replace the logic board or check the connection between the logic board and the antenna.
- If the problem does not lie within the logic board or the broken antenna, the problem may be with your service provider. Call Samsung (on a different phone) and have them diagnose the problem.