Background and Identification
The Dodge Caliber is a front-engine, front-wheel-drive five-door compact hatchback automobile produced by Chrysler’s Dodge division. The Dodge Caliber was produced between 2006 and 2011 for the 2007 through 2012 model years. The Dodge Caliber replaced the Dodge Neon and Chrysler PT Cruiser.
The Dodge Caliber was offered with either a five-speed manual, six-speed manual, or continuously variable transmission (CVT). It was sold with either a 1.8-, 2.0-, or 2.4-liter gasoline engine, a 2.0-liter Turbodiesel, or a 2.4-liter Turbo gasoline engine.
The Dodge Caliber received an overall Good score in frontal crash testing by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Dodge Caliber came standard with side curtain airbags, and torso side airbags were optional.
At the Caliber’s launch in March 2006, three models were available. A fourth model was made available in mid-2006. The base SE model includes a body-colored grille surround, while that of all other models is chromed. The SXT model was sold with the same engine options as the SE but included air conditioning, a tachometer, and an optional trip computer. The SXT Sport Wagon model featured aluminum wheels, color-keyed cloth seat inserts, fog lamps, and color-matched instrument panel trim. The R/T model includes a CVT2 transmission with a programmed ‘AutoStick’ feature that gives six simulated fixed ratios in a clutchless manual mode. The SRT4 model, which was only available through 2009, includes a turbocharged engine.
- DaimlerChrysler (2007)
- Chrysler LLC (2007-2009)
- Chrysler Group LLC (2009-2012)
- Production: March 2006 – 23 November 2011
- Model years: 2007–2012
Body and chassis:
- Class: Small car
- Body style: 5-door hatchback
- Layout: Front-engine, front-wheel-drive / all-wheel drive
- Platform: Chrysler PM/MK platform
- 1.8 L World I4 (gasoline)
- 2.0 L World I4 (gasoline)
- 2.0 L VW I4 (TURBO diesel)
- 2.4 L World I4 (gasoline)
- 2.4 L World I4 (TURBO gasoline)
- 5-speed Magna T355 manual
- 6-speed Aisin BG6 manual
- 6-speed Getrag DMT6 manual
- CVT Jatco JF011E automatic
- Wheelbase: 103.7 in (2,635 mm)
- Length: 173.8 in (4,415 mm)
- Width: 68.8 in (1,748 mm)
- Height: 60.4 in (1,534 mm), SRT-4: 59.7 in (1,516 mm)
- Curb weight: 3,052 lb (1,384 kg)