Es werden einige allgemeine Werkzeuge verwendet, um an diesem Gerät zu arbeiten. Du wirst nicht jedes Werkzeug für jeden Vorgang benötigen.
Not all issues with your Kindle 7th Generation will require a repair; locate the problem source using the Kindle 7th Generation Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Kindle 7th Generation was released by Amazon in October 2014 as newest model of their base e-reader and the first base model Kindle to support full touchscreen technology. The Kindle 7th Generation can be identified by the model number, WP63GW, found on the back of the Kindle. The back also now says "Amazon" instead of the "Kindle" found on previous models.
The displays of the different Kindle models generally set them apart. While many upper-tier models released by Amazon support a backlit display, this model does not. Instead, the Kindle 7th Generation uses e-paper technology that reflects light instead of projecting it. This leads to reduced glare in sunlight, as well as extended battery life, but does not lend well to reading in the dark.
The Kindle 7th Generation has twice the storage of the previous model and now features a 1 Ghz processor, making it 20% faster as well.
If you are still unsure as to which Kindle you own, Amazon highlights the distinguishing features for all of their Kindle devices here.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Display: 6" with Pearl e-paper technology with 167 ppi and 16-level gray scale
- Size: 6.7" x 4.7" x 0.40" (169 mm x 119 mm x 10.2 mm)
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (191 grams)
- Memory: 4 GB storage capacity, free cloud storage also available
- Wifi Compatibility: 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n
- Battery Life: 4 weeks (based on 30 minutes of reading a day, with wireless turned off)
- Touch Screen: Created using infrared LED's and receivers powered by Neonode's zForce technology