Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln
Hilfe

Aktuelle Version von: isonno ,

Text:

I had the same problem with our radio. To solve it, I took it apart, and just re-seated all of the connectors from the various components to the main PCB. I also pulled off the daughter card (top-most board on the stack) and re-seated it as well. When I turned it back on, it needed to be re-configured, but successfully connected and started working again.
 
To take apart the radio:
 
* Facing the back of the radio, remove the two Phillips screws on the left (volume knob) side.
* Use a thin metal spudger or screwdriver to pry off the cloth covered speaker grill. It's held in with four snaps, and pops off pretty easily.
* In the plastic area surrounding the speaker, you'll find four deep-set Phillips screws. Remove them.
* Using a thin screwdriver or heavy-duty metal spudger, pry the plastic speaker mount away from the outer case shell. There's some sticky glue holding it in place, but it gives away pretty easily.
* As you pry the speaker side up, you'll see the control board has a number of cables attached to it. You'll need to unplug these from the control board (the cables are permanently attached on the other end.
 
What's inside is basically a small Linux PC with a UI for tuningstreaming radio stations. The WiFi is a dongle plugged into a USB jack inside; I managed to improve the reception on ours by plugging in a WiFi dongle with the same WiFi chip (RT3870) but a better antenna.
What's inside is basically a small Linux PC with a UI for tuningstreaming radio stations. The WiFi is a dongle plugged into a USB jack inside; I managed to improve the reception on ours by plugging in a WiFi dongle with the same WiFi chip (RT3870) but a better antenna.
 
Obviously, this all voids the warranty, but I think these radios have been out of production for a few years anyway, so you probably don't have much to lose.

Status:

open

Ursprünglicher Beitrag von: isonno ,

Text:

I had the same problem with our radio.  To solve it, I took it apart, and just re-seated all of the connectors from the various components to the main PCB.  I also pulled off the daughter card (top-most board on the stack) and re-seated it as well.  When I turned it back on, it needed to be re-configured, but successfully connected and started working again.

To take apart the radio:

* Facing the back of the radio, remove the two Phillips screws on the left (volume knob) side.
* Use a thin metal spudger or screwdriver to pry off the cloth covered speaker grill.  It's held in with four snaps, and pops off pretty easily.
* In the plastic area surrounding the speaker, you'll find four deep-set Phillips screws.  Remove them.
* Using a thin screwdriver or heavy-duty metal spudger, pry the plastic speaker mount away from the outer case shell.  There's some sticky glue holding it in place, but it gives away pretty easily.
* As you pry the speaker side up, you'll see the control board has a number of cables attached to it.  You'll need to unplug these from the control board (the cables are permanently attached on the other end.

What's inside is basically a small Linux PC with a UI for tuning radio stations.  The WiFi is a dongle plugged into a USB jack inside; I managed to improve the reception on ours by plugging in a WiFi dongle with the same WiFi chip (RT3870) but a better antenna.

Obviously, this all voids the warranty, but I think these radios have been out of production for a few years anyway, so you probably don't have much to lose.

Status:

open