Dieses Wiki wurde von einem der Studenten unseres Bildungsprogramms erstellt. Es wurde nicht von iFixit Mitarbeitern überprüft.
Huawei Ideos S7 Slim Troubleshooting
Released in April 2011, the 3G tablet features a 7” display (800 × 480 resolution), 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 512 MB RAM, 8 GB storage, 3.2 MP camera and Android 2.2 Froyo.
- Device Does Not Power On
- Device Does Not Charge
- Display Does Not Work
- Device Continuously Reboots
- Device Does Not Connect To The Google Play Store
Pressing power button does not switch tablet on.
Remove the battery. Plug the power adapter into the tablet. If the device turns on, then the battery is faulty and needs to be replaced. Replace the battery using this guide.
Perform a factory reset to restore the tablet to its original settings. Caution : this will wipe all data from the tablet. Connect the tablet to a computer to back up your files.
To perform a factory reset, follow the steps detailed below.
1. Hold the power button and both volume buttons.
2. Once the tablet vibrates, release the power button.
3. An Android image will appear. Release the 'volume up' button.
4. An Android image with running lines will appear. Continue to hold the 'volume down' button for 5-8 seconds before releasing.
5. The appearance of a new screen within 5-10 minutes will confirm a successful hard reset.
Connecting to a wall outlet or computer via mini-USB cable does not charge tablet.
Plug the power adapter into the tablet. If the battery icon doesn't appear to charge, connect the mini-USB cable to a computer to see if it charges via that option. If not, the battery is faulty and can be replaced using this guide.
A serious technical issue that requires either replacing the logic board entirely, or using a soldering iron to remove & replace the mini-USB charging port. To replace the port, disassemble the tablet, remove the logic board using this guide, and follow the steps below.
1. Heat the solder holding the charging port to the logic board.
2. Remove the melted solder using a solder sucker or solder wick.
3. Replace old charging port with new charging port, and attach using new solder.
4. Let cool, then replace logic board in tablet.
The screen is unresponsive to any combination of screen tapping.
A less drastic method to fix the unresponsiveness can be employed if the tablet appears as an external device on a computer when connected via mini-USB. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > Enable 'USB debugging'.
If the preceding method doesn't work, then proceed to the following steps. Sometimes installing a third-party launcher requires a reboot that often leaves the touchscreen unresponsive. To avoid this issue, follow the steps below.
1. Root with gingerbreak.
2. Edit bluetooth_power.sh with root explorer.
3. Add following code.
echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/boot_complete
echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/state
4. Save and exit.
6. Add custom launcher.
A recently opened app or an app running in the background has crashed, making the tablet unresponsive to any further input. Hold the power button to restart the tablet and it should work properly.
Tablet reboots without user command.
Newer versions of the firmware can cause the tablet to reboot when certain functions are performed. To fix this problem, install an older version of the firmware by following the steps below.
1. Download the Huawei Ideos S7 Slim B016 S7-201u Firmware zip file on your computer.
2. Extract all files to an accessible location.
2. Make sure the folder name is “dload”. If you extracted to a folder, “dload” will be within that folder.
3. Make sure there is an app file and a cfg file in the “dload” folder.
4. Copy the “dload” folder onto a microSD card that has at least 500 MB of free space.
5. Switch off the tablet.
6. Insert the microSD card into the tablet, then switch on the unit. The update will start automatically.
7. Wait for the upgrade to finish.
8. Remove the microSD card.
9. Hold the power button to reboot.
Tablet displays error message requesting data service provisions.
This device was originally intended to be a phone, and Android 2.2 initially had problems recognizing it as a tablet upon launch. Attempting to download the Google Play Store app creates this error message:
"Can't establish reliable data connection to the server - this could be a temporary problem or your tablet may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues, call customer care".
To solve this, reset your tablet following the steps below.
1. Go to settings.
2. Select privacy.
3. Select "Factory data reset"