Dell Inspiron 7500 Battery Teardown
Support-FragenEine Frage stellen
Es gibt noch keine Fragen. Stelle du die erste!
Background and Identification
The Dell Inspiron 7500 is a 15-inch laptop released in 1999. You can tell if you have this laptop by looking on the bottom for a sticker containing the model name “Inspiron 7500.” You can also find the serial number or service code (essentially the same thing for Dell products) on this sticker and enter it on Dell’s support website for exact information about your device.
Dell released a completely unrelated laptop (see a picture here) under the same name at some point in the 2010s. You can distinguish these two very different models because the original is boxy and heavy (about 10 pounds or 4.4 kg) while the the new version is lighter and has a screen that can fold 360 degrees around the back of the device. This page is only for the older version of the Inspiron 7500.
Internally, the laptop uses either an Intel Pentium II or Pentium III mobile processor running at around 400 to 500 MHz or an Intel Celeron processor. The display—with resolution configurations ranging from 1024x768 pixels to 1280x1024 pixels—is powered by an ATI Rage Mobility-P graphics chip. If you want to perform a repair, the Inspiron 7500 user’s manual has some diagrams on the locations of screws holding components in place.
- Intel Mobile Pentium II at 400 MHz
- or Intel Mobile Pentium III at 450 MHz or 500 MHz
- or Intel Celeron at 433 MHz or 466 MHz
- 32 MB, 64 MB, 128 MB, 192 MB, or 256 MB
- Two accessible SO-DIMM slots
- Uses SDRAM at 66 MHz or 100 MHz (a.k.a. PC66 or PC100 memory)
- 4.8 GB, 6 GB, 10 GB, 20 GB, or 30 GB hard drive
- Ultra ATA interface
- Optical and floppy drive combo
- Support for CDs and DVDs
- Support for 3.5-inch floppy disks
- ATI Rage Mobility-P
- About 15 inches on the diagonal (screen size varies and is shown here in increasing order)
- XGA display: 1024x768 pixels
- or SXGA+ display: 1400x1050 pixels
- or SXGA display: 1280x1024 pixels
- PS/2 port
- USB port
- Serial port
- Parallel port
- VGA video output
- S-Video television output
- (Optional) RJ-11 modem port
- Three 3.5 mm audio jacks (microphone input, line-level input, headphone/speakers output)