Background and Identification
The Dell Latitude line of laptop computers are intended for business use, as opposed to consumer use. This means that these computers are very consistent in terms of what vendor manufactures the parts and what parts are used. Because of this, business computers are easy to maintain and support on a large scale (like a company) because they all have the same or similar components.
The Dell Latitude E6430 is part of the Exx30 series of computers, which came out in 2012 and 2013. The E6430 was announced in May 2012. The 30 at the end of the model number refers to the 3rd generation Intel Core processor that all of the computers in this series use. To locate the model number on your Dell computer, you can use this Dell support page.
- Height: 26.90 mm to 32.40 mm (1.06 inches to 1.27 inches)
- Width: 352.00 mm (13.86 inches)
- Depth: 241.00 mm (9.49 inches)
- Weight: 2.02 kg (4.45 lb)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel 7 series chipset (Intel QM77)
- Processor Types: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 series
- Display Size: 14” diagonal
- Resolution: 1366 x 768 or 1600x900 pixel LCD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics, NVidia Discrete Graphics
- Memory Connector: two SODIMM slots
- Memory Capacity: 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, or 8 GB
- Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM (1600 MHz)
- Battery Type: 4-cell, 6-cell, or 9-cell lithium-ion battery