Samsung announced the Galaxy S22 line at their Unpacked event on February 9, 2022. The Galaxy Tab S8 series, fourth-generation Galaxy Z Flip and Fold, Galaxy Watch 5, and Galaxy Buds 2 Pro were also announced.
Compared to the S22, the S22+ has identical specs other than a larger display. The S22+ follows last year’s S21 design and includes a faster Snapdragon processor, improved rear cameras, and better optical stabilization.
The S22 comes in four standard colors (Phantom Black, Phantom White, Green, and Pink Gold) and four online exclusive colors (Graphite, Cream, Sky Blue, and Violet).
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1/Exynos 2200 (Europe)
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128/256 GB internal memory
- 6.6 inch Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED
- 48-120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- 2340 x 1080 pixels (393 ppi)
- Rear-facing Cameras
- 12 MP ƒ/2.2 ultra-wide
- 50 MP ƒ/1.8 wide with OIS
- 10 MP ƒ/2.4 telephoto with 3x optical zoom and OIS
- Front-facing Camera: 10 MP ƒ/2.2
- Ports and Connectivity
- 5G Sub6 and mmWave (some versions)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6 (2.4/5GHz) MIMO
- Bluetooth v5.2
- USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,500 mAh integrated li-ion battery
- Size: 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 228 g
- Additional Features
- IP68 water/dust resistance rating (1.5 meters underwater up to 30 minutes)